I’ve been an analyst for 35 years, and debates about “real-time” technology have run through my whole career. Some of those debates are by now pretty much settled. In particular:
- Yes, interactive computer response is crucial.
- Into the 1980s, many apps were batch-only. Demand for such apps dried up.
- Business intelligence should occur at interactive speeds, which is a major reason that there’s a market for high-performance analytic RDBMS
The following two tabs change content below.
I have helped companies bring new data driven products to market, drive efficiency out of their supply chain, execute strategic plans, and drive top line and bottom line growth by enabling every business function with actionable analytics. I can transform a business which is lacking critical insight into an agile, strategic, data driven organization.
Latest posts by Eric Axelrod (see all)
- Metadata Automation |Tableau Community - March 1, 2017
- How Amazon Will Ride Big Data To $1 Trillion Market Cap - January 22, 2017
- Why physicists are a good fit for data science jobs - January 16, 2017